I've had this piece of fabric sitting around the house for a year now, which I was going to make a shirt with. Today I took it out to start sewing ( I have never sewed clothing in my life) and just draped it on. Well the fabric is so nice that it would have been a shame to ruin, so I made my own dress without any sewing required! How great is that :)
I will try to attempt to explain how I did this.
1. I have about 2.5 meters of fabric.
2. Tie 2 top ends together
3. Step into the fabric and hold the knot out in front of your bussom's.
4. With your left hand pull the fabric from the left tight under your bussom's and around your ribcage to the right.
5. Pull the fabric in your right hand over top of the fabric you just draped around yourself.
6. Carefully slip your left arm and head through the tied loop.
7. Place the fabric under your bussom's
8. Pull the fabric on your right shoulder over your bussom's and adjust how ever you like.
9. I gathered the material by my collarbone and tied piece of string around it for the gathered affect. ( I showed in in the pictures) but I did this after I put the dress on.
It takes a while to master how to put it on but I found there are many ways to wear it.
I hope these instructions help you!!!
This is my alltime favourite love storey. It's based in Leningrad, Russia in 1941 when Hitler's armies attack. It's a heart throbbing tale, and trust me you wont be able to put the book down. I just finished reading it again for the second time in a year, and it only took me about 4 days
(and that's because I have a one year old!)
Here's the write up on the back of the book:
The golden skies, the translucent twilight, the white nights, all hold the promise of youth, of love, of eternal renewal. The war has not yet touched this city of fallen grandeur, or the lives of two sisters, Tatiana and Dasha Metanova, who share a single room in a cramped apartment with their brother and parents. Their world is turned upside down when Hitler's armies attack Russia and begin their unstoppable blitz to Leningrad. Yet there is light in the darkness. Tatiana meets Alexander, a brave young officer in the Red Army. Strong and self-confident, yet guarding a mysterious and troubled past, he is drawn to Tatiana--and she to him. Starvation, desperation, and fear soon grip their city during the terrible winter of the merciless German siege. Tatiana and Alexander's impossible love threatens to tear the Metanova family apart and expose the dangerous secret Alexander so carefully protects--a secret as devastating as the war itself--as the lovers are swept up in the brutal tides that will change the world and their lives forever.