Friday, November 12, 2010

Pecan Salad

I made this salad the other night for my fiancee and I, it turned out so delicious!  I accidentally made to much, but we ate the whole bowl, and could have eaten more! It was soo full of flavor, and the nice thing about it is you can substitute it with other fruits like apple, grapes, ect.   mmm I hope you enjoy, I know we sure did and I'm making more tonight!!!

                        Salad 
Green leaf lettuce
1 Bartlett pear 
1 Mandarin orange 
1 Carrot  
Handful of Pecans 
Handful soft unripened Goat cheese 

                     Dressing
3 Tbls Balsamic vinegar 
1 1/2 Tbls white wine 
2 Tbls olive oil
1 Tsp whole gain Dijon 
Clove of garlic diced fine 
Salt and Pepper to liking 
                                                                                                  


Rinse and rip salad into small pieces, make sure it's completely dry. Quarter the pear and core it, next slice it into thin strips. Peal the mandarine and cut each piece into 3 or 4 depending on the size you like. Peal the carrot and chop it finely, and cut the pecans in half. Throw everything on top of the lettuce, and then crumble the goat cheese onto that. Mix together your salad dressing and toss before eating. Depending on how much dressing you like, you may want to make more. 


Times flying by so fast my little man is 9 months old today!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I Love reading them!!